Much Needed God Moments
Heading into our KLOVE trip to Nashville, I was really hoping for Godly inspiration and some much needed spiritual pick-me-up. Of course, Christ provided. Here are the moments that touched my soul:
1. During the For King and Country performance (a MUST SEE band), one of the lead singers took the opportunity to speak about the worth of a woman. I wish I could have fast forwarded time 13 years and placed Addie in the audience to hear his wise words. He impressed upon the men the importance of treating women like the princesses that they are, and for women to understand that they are priceless. In our pop culture world where women are typically degraded, disrespected, and viewed as sex objects, it was entirely refreshing and renewing to hear a young man speak about the respect and honor that a woman deserves and how truly special we are. I pray Adeline internalizes and believes this message with every fiber of her being! For King and Country sells this necklace to represent the above message. The below image is linked to the site where you can purchase the item. A great gift for any woman in your life!
2. Before performing "Worn," a song inspired by the the lead singer's wife's confessions about feeling worn out as a new mother, the lead singer of Tenth Avenue North talked about how his kids reach their arms up when they want to be held by their daddy. He told the audience to put their arms in the air, asking the same of God. It was a such a needed aha moment for me to realize I can hold out my arms to God whenever I need to be held, just like Addie does when she needs her mama. He's always there for me.
3. I can't explain it, but this song performed by Need To Breathe spoke to my heart...
4. At the acoustic songwriter's showcase, Jason Gray performed this song about pain. He spoke about the importance of just BEING with someone in their moment of anguish, not giving advice or preaching about purpose, but simply being present. It was sincerely profound and will change (hopefully) how I love. Tragically beautiful.
5. Casting Crowns performed a new song, "House of Their Dreams," which I believe we can all relate to on some level. It's about searching for the American dream, but how that can divide our families. Again, I cried while I leaned into Tim's chest, convicted by these deep lyrics. We've been challenged by some of the same scenarios Casting Crown sings about, but listening to the heart of this song gave me hope. God tells us the order of our priorities, far different from what the world speaks, and following His Word will save our families.
Leave a Reply.