Check out this video from Centerline New Media in preparation for Valentine's Day and ask yourself, "Do I love, really love?"
Quite a reality check, huh? And an inspiration the day before Valentine's Day. I want to be a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend that loves like God intended. I know I will not do this perfectly every day, but I desire to try to love like He does. Can you imagine the beauty that would flourish in our relationships if we loved one another like Christ loves us? Here are a couple simple, practical steps I'm currently working on in my life in order to perfectly love my loved ones:
1. Be gentle.
2. Hold my tongue, if what I want to say won't benefit the other person or will make them feel bad about themselves.
3. If I think about doing something nice for someone, follow through and do it.
4. Pray for those that God puts on my heart, in any moment, anywhere.
5. Check on my loved ones. How are they, really?
6. Accept that I can't change certain things, but God can!
8. Be thankful: in moments of joy, anger, frustration, sorrow, and celebration.